Algerian Middle School English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Algerian Middle School English

A corner for the teachers of Middle school English where to meet to discuss and share ideas.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Forum
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 127 on Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:41 pm
Latest topics
» peace upon you
Proposed 1AM Exam-2nd term EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 7:06 pm by mehenni linda

» Third Final Exam MS1 , May 2013
Proposed 1AM Exam-2nd term EmptyThu May 23, 2013 5:52 pm by Nacerlarbi

» Third Final Exam MS3 , May 2013
Proposed 1AM Exam-2nd term EmptyThu May 23, 2013 5:51 pm by Nacerlarbi

» Third Final Exam MS3
Proposed 1AM Exam-2nd term EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 12:18 pm by amer

» 2nd FINAL EXAM MS1 (March 2013)
Proposed 1AM Exam-2nd term EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 5:14 pm by Nacerlarbi

» 2nd FINAL EXAM MS3 (March 2013)
Proposed 1AM Exam-2nd term EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 5:11 pm by Nacerlarbi

» Yearly Distribution
Proposed 1AM Exam-2nd term EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 3:13 pm by babibah

» teacher training workshop TKT
Proposed 1AM Exam-2nd term EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 5:17 pm by simsim

» THIRD FINAL EXAM MS2 2012
Proposed 1AM Exam-2nd term EmptyFri May 25, 2012 8:27 pm by Nacerlarbi

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Gallery
Proposed 1AM Exam-2nd term Empty
Forum

Proposed 1AM Exam-2nd term

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Houariman
Admin
Houariman

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2008-08-08

PostSubject: Proposed 1AM Exam-2nd term   Proposed 1AM Exam-2nd term EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 11:04 pm

Comment please!
second term exam 1Am
Back to top Go down
https://amse.forumotion.net
Mohamed07

Mohamed07

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-09-25

PostSubject: Good Job.   Proposed 1AM Exam-2nd term EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 8:10 am

I really feel happy when I see such work. It's only a question paper but it is prepared in a very good way.
I think that it is high time to prepare our pupils for the Brevet question paper: I mean we have to dare and use the Official guide for building exam papers. Yes; even with MS1 pupils. No harm done provided that we take into account all the criteria.

The text you've chosen is attainable, realistic and authentic.
The format of the paper is very clear.
There is not any ambiguity with the formulation of questions only for the module of integration.
I think that 6 items for the vocabulary questions is too much and 2 differents tasks is also. I prefer 2 or 3 items just for opposites or synonyms, not the 2 at the same time.
For the module of integration, it is preferable it would be a formulation and not a question; and related to the topic of the basic support; the text:

Your friend has sent you an e-mail. He speaks about what he likes.
Write a letter and tell him about you. (4 / 6 lines).

use the following information to write your letter:

name age job nationality sport you like

when/ you practice where what time

Sorry for any mistake and thank for your seriousness.

Salam to all.

Mohamed07.

Last edited by Mohamed07 on Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:12 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correction)
Back to top Go down
http://sheikhnaimi.over-blog.com
Houariman
Admin
Houariman

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2008-08-08

PostSubject: writer Block   Proposed 1AM Exam-2nd term EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 9:56 am

Thanks to mr. Mohamed for the comments, they're really of great support to me! sometimes, we laze around and have sucha feeling of "writer block", we can't even write a simple sentence. Such comments would really be a good support and keep us open wide-eye on such matters. Once more, thnx!
Back to top Go down
https://amse.forumotion.net
Hakim

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Proposed 1AM Exam-2nd term   Proposed 1AM Exam-2nd term EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 9:08 pm

Hi Houari,
It's great and splendid to have discussions about our tests and how can
we improve our job for the benifit of our kids .isn't it?
So would you please accept my comments and remarks.
first of all, I think that when we set a test or an exam for our pupils , we are preparing them for the official exams after four years.
Second, concerning the reading comprehension, WH qs do not exist in The BEM exams.
Third, the situation of integration should be built in a sort of set of instruction and not questions. and should be based on a real life situation.
Let me suggest it in another way:
Your penfriend sends you an e-mail /a letter, s/he speaks about his /her favourite sport how/where/when/what time s/he plays/practises it.
Now its your turn to answer his/her e-mail or letter to speak about your faviourite sport....
What do you think?

Best wishes.
Hakim.
Back to top Go down
Samia

Samia

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2008-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Proposed 1AM Exam-2nd term   Proposed 1AM Exam-2nd term EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 12:33 am

Salam!

So interesting comments on the part of everyone, BUT I think that the fact that there are no auxiliary qqs in the BEM paper doesn't mean that we don't test the pupils on this very important part of the language.

With MS4 it's OK since we should prapare the pupils to meet the challenge of the BEM lay out.

Many thanks.
Back to top Go down
Hakim

PostSubject: Re: Proposed 1AM Exam-2nd term   Proposed 1AM Exam-2nd term EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 12:37 am

Salam Samia;
i agree that we have not to neglect WH qs but we can teach them
during the activities presented in guided practice or some activities
in the book.
But I do not agree when you say that we can familiarize the pupils
of 4th AM during 3 tests and 3 exams.
I strongly believe that the preparation of the pupils for the BEM exams start from 1Am and for all the subjects not just in English.

Thousand thanks and best wishes for all of you. May God bless you.
Hakim.
Back to top Go down
Samia

Samia

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2008-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Proposed 1AM Exam-2nd term   Proposed 1AM Exam-2nd term EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 1:53 am

Salam!

Thanks for the valuable and logical advice but still I insist on the idea of testing the pps on WH QQS unless this is done during a 'marked' short test to make the pp aware of the importance of this lge form.

Now let me tell you that I can't understand why THEY omited WH QQS from the BEM paper. It seems too ridiculous but WE and THEY are almost alike since nothing has been done though a lot is being said!

Thanks once more.

Salam!
Back to top Go down
Mohamed07

Mohamed07

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-09-25

PostSubject: Wh - questions are important   Proposed 1AM Exam-2nd term EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 3:06 pm

Salam to all,

Mr. Hakim, your comments are valuable but I disagree with you about your remark concerning the WH-Questions. To say they don't exist in the BEM implies we may dare and not use them in testing our pupils. If this is the case, be sure that they'll be totally ignored by some teachers.

If we refer back to the 2008/2009 BEM question paper, we would notice that not a single WH-question has been used. But this is not a credible evidence because in the official '' BEM GUIDE FOR BUILDING EXAM QUESTION PAPERS'' we can read:

Page 12, column 2, Matching.

The typical instruction says:

- Match the questions in column A with the answers in column B.

Page 14, column 1, identification.

The typical instruction says:

- What do the underlined words ……?
- In which paragraph………….?

That's why we need to teach or recycle the WH-questions because it's a task that none can neglect. It is illogical, say unnatural to teach a language without using the WH-questions.
If the official instructions recommend this, it would be one of this syllabus numerous errata.

Salam

Mohamed07
Back to top Go down
http://sheikhnaimi.over-blog.com
Hakim

PostSubject: Re: Proposed 1AM Exam-2nd term   Proposed 1AM Exam-2nd term EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 11:24 pm

Salam to all,
Miss Samia and Mr Mohamed, I think that you could not get my point of view
I am not against teaching WH questions and I am sure that they are very important, I totally agree with you.But I said that as they do not exist in the BEM exam we have not sufficient time to cover all the typology of activities mentiond in the Guide of Building the exam Paper to make the student familiarized with them.
Concerning the examples you gave Mr Mohamed:
1- Match the questions in column A with the answers in column B.
2- What do the underlined words ……?
3- In which paragraph………….?
All these are not concerned as WH Qs , where the pupils are asked to check their comprehensin by answering completed answers taking into consideration all the grammar points in forming the answers. However those examples are given to check General meaning or specific information without forming a whole sentence.
For example 1- the pupil has just to match without writing a sentence.
2- Them .... refers to.... pupils
3- In Paragraph 2.
So these questions are considered as auxiliary questions." where the pupils' comprehension is tested by writing short answers and without wasting time in copying one paragraph to answer one question.
Does it make sense ?,
Best wishes and warm regards.
Salam
Hakim

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Proposed 1AM Exam-2nd term   Proposed 1AM Exam-2nd term Empty

Back to top Go down

Proposed 1AM Exam-2nd term
Page 1 of 1