Algerian Middle School English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Algerian Middle School English

A corner for the teachers of Middle school English where to meet to discuss and share ideas.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Forum
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 127 on Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:41 pm
Latest topics
» peace upon you
THE MODULE OF INTEGRATION. EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 7:06 pm by mehenni linda

» Third Final Exam MS1 , May 2013
THE MODULE OF INTEGRATION. EmptyThu May 23, 2013 5:52 pm by Nacerlarbi

» Third Final Exam MS3 , May 2013
THE MODULE OF INTEGRATION. EmptyThu May 23, 2013 5:51 pm by Nacerlarbi

» Third Final Exam MS3
THE MODULE OF INTEGRATION. EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 12:18 pm by amer

» 2nd FINAL EXAM MS1 (March 2013)
THE MODULE OF INTEGRATION. EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 5:14 pm by Nacerlarbi

» 2nd FINAL EXAM MS3 (March 2013)
THE MODULE OF INTEGRATION. EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 5:11 pm by Nacerlarbi

» Yearly Distribution
THE MODULE OF INTEGRATION. EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 3:13 pm by babibah

» teacher training workshop TKT
THE MODULE OF INTEGRATION. EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 5:17 pm by simsim

» THIRD FINAL EXAM MS2 2012
THE MODULE OF INTEGRATION. EmptyFri May 25, 2012 8:27 pm by Nacerlarbi

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Gallery
THE MODULE OF INTEGRATION. Empty
Forum

THE MODULE OF INTEGRATION.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mohamed07

Mohamed07

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-09-25

THE MODULE OF INTEGRATION. Empty
PostSubject: THE MODULE OF INTEGRATION.   THE MODULE OF INTEGRATION. EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 9:03 pm

The different discussions during meetings reveal that many of the colleagues get perplexed when they are dealing with one of the most important skills in our job. It is the written expression: the module of integration.
If we manage to answer these questions in a simple way, then we will be able to get
through this important task smoothly. We will also be able to help our pupils acquire the
competency to cope with this 'significant and valuable activity'.

What is the module of integration?

http://www.mediafire.com/?nwmmqidgmnf

The situation of integration or the module of integration is an important, noticeable set of
circumstances constituting or presenting a problem. It is the ideal phase where the pupils
are expected to reinvest what they have learned before in terms of the knows and the
know how to do. The activities done in the previous phases ( grammar – lexis
mechanics…) should be built up towards the final output and help the learners to be
ready to produce a piece of writing in accordance with the situation of communication.

What criteria characterize it?

There are some criteria that the teachers need to know and respect.

- Formulation rather than a question:
We used to ''bombard'' pupils with direct questions asking them to produce the piece of writing. With the situation of integration, we formulate what they are expected to do and we have to give them the opportunity to read it and understand it. It should be at the level and within a situation. It should be realistic, motivating and in accordance with the pedagogical objectives.

Read this:

1- Describe the computer. Do you think it is reasonable? Our pupils are are 11/15. (Not considered as a situation of integration).

The following is a situation of integration. (more examples of situation of integration)

2- Your teacher of English has just asked you to write about a modern achievement. Your group have chosen the computer.

Use the following notes to write a paragraph of about 6 / 8 lines.

- modern / machine /important
- used / offices / nowadays.
- Many parts:
Central unit - monitor - mouse - printer – speakers – scanner..
- used / type letters – play – music – connect to …

Examples of situations:

http://www.mediafire.com/?jjrgmgkagzj

What can we do to help pupils

We have to train them but before this, I am convinced that we need to talk about the situation of integration. Let them grasp the difference between the situation of integration in the English Language and in the other subjects.
Write the instructions on WB and allow them to read. Give them the opportunity to expand the notes first. Then, help them to organise the paragraph. Do the feedback. Use the correction code…

How do we evaluate it?

Criteria for evaluation.

http://www.mediafire.com/?2m5ldmjyzf2

We need to follow scrupulously these criteria for a fair and objective evaluation.
The written production is the appropriate 'training area' where the teacher can assess how competent the pupil has become in :

• Using a relevant piece of writing with the related vocabulary and the right tense.
• Using punctuation and capitals.
• Using cohesion.
• Using the logical order of idea.
• Using the appropriate organisation of the paragraph.

More can be found in the evaluation criteria document.

I do confess that it is not very easy to prepare and follow the progress of pupils in such complicated and complex tasks, but we have to do it and we need to take the risk. We can start it with the MS pupils and in File ONE.

Example.

Your Dad asked you to introduce yourself in English. Show him that you can.
Use the information to write 3 correct sentences.

nationality name age

The pupils' piece of writing should be something like:

My name is Habba Abdennasser. / I am Habba Abdennasser. I am 12. / I am 12 years old. I am Algerian. / I am from Algeria.

Best wishes.

Mohamed07.

Last edited by Mohamed07 on Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:12 am; edited 8 times in total (Reason for editing : add links)
Back to top Go down
http://sheikhnaimi.over-blog.com

THE MODULE OF INTEGRATION.
Page 1 of 1