Algerian Middle School English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Algerian Middle School English

A corner for the teachers of Middle school English where to meet to discuss and share ideas.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Forum
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 127 on Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:41 pm
Latest topics
» peace upon you
Meet and Work Together EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 7:06 pm by mehenni linda

» Third Final Exam MS1 , May 2013
Meet and Work Together EmptyThu May 23, 2013 5:52 pm by Nacerlarbi

» Third Final Exam MS3 , May 2013
Meet and Work Together EmptyThu May 23, 2013 5:51 pm by Nacerlarbi

» Third Final Exam MS3
Meet and Work Together EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 12:18 pm by amer

» 2nd FINAL EXAM MS1 (March 2013)
Meet and Work Together EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 5:14 pm by Nacerlarbi

» 2nd FINAL EXAM MS3 (March 2013)
Meet and Work Together EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 5:11 pm by Nacerlarbi

» Yearly Distribution
Meet and Work Together EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 3:13 pm by babibah

» teacher training workshop TKT
Meet and Work Together EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 5:17 pm by simsim

» THIRD FINAL EXAM MS2 2012
Meet and Work Together EmptyFri May 25, 2012 8:27 pm by Nacerlarbi

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Gallery
Meet and Work Together Empty
Forum

Meet and Work Together

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mohamed07

Mohamed07

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-09-25

PostSubject: Meet and Work Together   Meet and Work Together EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 5:39 pm

EID MOUBARAK.

If one wants to learn more about a point, especially in didactics, one doesn't have to expect the official meetings supervised by inspectors, experts or officials. Teachers are the most concerned by what has been said. Yes, they can meet whenever they wish and discuss different issues related to their very hard job.

Many colleagues of mine prefer the meetings supervised by the inspectors for no reasons. Believe me, official meetings are just official and their profit is limited, in general to what the inspector presents. I mean it is somehow a Guided Meeting, while the meeting held by the teachers themselves under the supervision of a chosen experienced and wise teacher is surely more profitable for it is a Free Meeting. You can say whatever you like and share lots of experiences and valuable tips.
That is why I advise my colleagues to keep in touch as soon as possible and set a meeting schedule that may be fortnightly or monthly. Not only the freshly graduated are the concerned but all the teachers because things are changing and we do really need to be up to date.

Some of the important issues to be discussed can be:

- Phonics vs. Phonology for it is a very important task that needs to be mastered.

Many colleagues encounter problems when preparing lessons especially for MSY Book one and Two. There are those who do as follows:

1- They teach Listen and Do first, activity by activity, then move to Practice then to produce. I personally don't understand how they manage to do so. Can the pupils follow? Can the teacher give them the opportunity to learn/practice/produce?
I believe that a cocktail is better: I mean An activity from Listen and do followed by a Practice activity related to The Listening activity then a Practice task in relation with the two. You will have a lesson structured something like this:

A- Listen and do: an activity from this section well prepared and well implemented.

B- Practice: The language point presented must be in relation with the one seen in Listen and Do.

C- Produce: Pupils are expected to reinvest what they have learned in A and B.

For MSY 3 and 4, it can be easier because the file structure is clearer.

http://www.mediafire.com/?mymttun2gqw

There are many effective strategies to follow. This one is optional:

- Study the whole file content to have an idea about what you are going to present (What) then move to the preparation (How).
- Dissect the file and prepare a Unit Plan
- Prepare a specification for each lesson.
- Prepare the whole unit lesson by lesson
- Prepare activities for the search work.
- Prepare a typical question paper for the BEM review
to dowload all these files go to UNITS AND PREPARATIONS at:

http://sheikhnaimi.over-blog.com

When everything is done, you can lead an assessment to take some decisions later.

Good Luck.

Mohamed07

Last edited by Mohamed07 on Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:58 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : correction)
Back to top Go down
http://sheikhnaimi.over-blog.com
Samia

Samia

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2008-08-14

PostSubject: Great Job! Masha Allah!   Meet and Work Together EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 12:32 am

Salam!

Just want to express my wishes of more success in your professional life!

I can say nothing but the fact that your work reflects:
-Will
-Talent
-Sacrifice
-Experince
-Ambition
-Generosity
-Patience
-Well organized and tactfully sequenced short and long term objectives
and
-Love of the job!

Collective work,surely, is more fruitful than individual work. Teachers should be autonomous and self developing;but the know-how is the most important here. This depends on preparing, anticipating and remedying.
But without sacrifice and patience one cannot go further.

Your learners are really lucky. I suspect they master many things and show self-confidence.
Practice is the key to self-confidence which is the catalist proving the L's mastery of the subject matter in question.

Want to inform you that I've started working with the portfolio material right this year. PPS used to prepare many things then lose or neglect them...I can now percieve how interesting and time-gaining such material is.

Will e-mail you just for some inquiries.

Congrats and million thanks for your great contribution and help!

salam!
Back to top Go down

Meet and Work Together
Page 1 of 1