Algerian Middle School English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Algerian Middle School English

A corner for the teachers of Middle school English where to meet to discuss and share ideas.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Forum
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 127 on Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:41 pm
Latest topics
» peace upon you
PORTFOLIOS : The teachers' Portfolio and The learners'Portfolios. EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 7:06 pm by mehenni linda

» Third Final Exam MS1 , May 2013
PORTFOLIOS : The teachers' Portfolio and The learners'Portfolios. EmptyThu May 23, 2013 5:52 pm by Nacerlarbi

» Third Final Exam MS3 , May 2013
PORTFOLIOS : The teachers' Portfolio and The learners'Portfolios. EmptyThu May 23, 2013 5:51 pm by Nacerlarbi

» Third Final Exam MS3
PORTFOLIOS : The teachers' Portfolio and The learners'Portfolios. EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 12:18 pm by amer

» 2nd FINAL EXAM MS1 (March 2013)
PORTFOLIOS : The teachers' Portfolio and The learners'Portfolios. EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 5:14 pm by Nacerlarbi

» 2nd FINAL EXAM MS3 (March 2013)
PORTFOLIOS : The teachers' Portfolio and The learners'Portfolios. EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 5:11 pm by Nacerlarbi

» Yearly Distribution
PORTFOLIOS : The teachers' Portfolio and The learners'Portfolios. EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 3:13 pm by babibah

» teacher training workshop TKT
PORTFOLIOS : The teachers' Portfolio and The learners'Portfolios. EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 5:17 pm by simsim

» THIRD FINAL EXAM MS2 2012
PORTFOLIOS : The teachers' Portfolio and The learners'Portfolios. EmptyFri May 25, 2012 8:27 pm by Nacerlarbi

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Gallery
PORTFOLIOS : The teachers' Portfolio and The learners'Portfolios. Empty
Forum

PORTFOLIOS : The teachers' Portfolio and The learners'Portfolios.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mohamed07

Mohamed07

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-09-25

PostSubject: PORTFOLIOS : The teachers' Portfolio and The learners'Portfolios.   PORTFOLIOS : The teachers' Portfolio and The learners'Portfolios. EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 11:47 am

When it comes to talking about assessment tools in our schools, we generally speak about activities whether oral or written ones:
paragraph writing - gap filling - sentence reordering - idea expanding -
mistake correcting and the like ...

But one of the very efficient assessment tools is the PORTFOLIO.
When I use the word assessment I mean the LEARNERS' PORTFOLIO because THE TEACHERS' PORTFOLIO is another story we can deal with soon. learn more about the Language Portfolio :

GUIDELINES FOR PORTFOLIO ASSESSMENT IN TEACHING ENGLISH we discussed during a meeting supervised by Mr. Bentouaty Mussa, Inspector of English, Biskra and initiator of the PORTFOLIO in the wilaya:

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=ddkc33jb_62cbchpstr

Read this adapted interesting article:

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=ddkc33jb_64cjtbvzcq

Learners' portfolios are simply collections/selections of the pupils' achievements and activities they finalize under the supervision and the permanent teacher's watch: to help, guide,advise,accept,decline,add,correct...

Some practical steps that can be followed:

1- Talk to the learners about the portfolio, its objectives, its format... I used arabic to introduce this and it worked.

2- Prepare a Portfolio cover which is just a model, pupils can use any cover they like and find suitable to their taste provided that it carries the name of school, subject, title, teacher, learner, year... Have a look at the one I suggested to my pupils:

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=ddkc33jb_58gd3898jq

3- I showed them a sample of a table of contents. They are free to design theirs. This table includes all that can be added with the title and page.
4- I started with the letters of the alphabet for MS1: pupils wrote them in different shapes and colours and tried to learn them. Then they wrote a short paragraph in which they introduced themselves with photos if they wanted to. Followed a page of pictures and photos of flags, currencies, school items... then lists of countries and nationalities. Learners could choose except for the paragraph, that was what I imposed.
They did well and had supplementary knowledge dealing with File One they could never do in class.

Best wishes

Mohamed07

Habba

Ouled-Djellal.
Back to top Go down
http://sheikhnaimi.over-blog.com
alicia458

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-07-03

PostSubject: Teach English Online   PORTFOLIOS : The teachers' Portfolio and The learners'Portfolios. EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 11:44 am

Students want to feel confident about their english as a second language

…want to improve their comprehension
…want to speak faster
…want to learn more english vocabulary
and slang
…and they want to have fun with you too!
If you can provide the above, you’ll do great! So being on online english teacher
(like with Skype) will make it possible for the student to speak with the folks they want…like you!
Back to top Go down
http://www.englishincome.com/

PORTFOLIOS : The teachers' Portfolio and The learners'Portfolios.
Page 1 of 1